Green Cabin Review
For bargain-priced Sri Lankan snack foods, as well as the national dish of "rice and curry," it's hard to beat this. The decor is simple and the furnishings minimal, but the focus here is on flavor. For a light meal, try the hoppers: small rice-flour pancakes that you dip in curry sauces and sambal (a hot chili condiment). The string hoppers (where the flour is formed first into noodles, then steamed together into small cakes) are particularly delicious.
- Address: 453 Galle Rd., Kollupitiya Colombo
- Phone: 011/258–8811
- Location: Colombo
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
Phew..Visa arrived. We did use a company in Houston to obtain visa and they arrived a week before we needed them.
Here is our itinerary:
We are staying i Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more