Mount Lavinia Review
While not as idyllic as the beaches along Sri Lanka's south coast, the sandy shores of Mount Lavinia—itself a southern suburb of Colombo—offer one major advantage: they lie just 8 km (5 miles) from the downtown area and are easily reachable on a day trip if your time is limited. You may want to avoid weekends, however, as that's when everyone comes to stroll and generally unwind. There are beaches closer to the center than this, but Mount Lavinia is wider and cleaner. It also has the most extensive facilities, including plenty of eating and drinking options.
- Address: Mount Lavinia, Colombo
- Location: Colombo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
New poster, but a very long time reader of the forum. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more