Sri Lanka Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Play With Your Food. Eating with your hands—right only, be careful—is the norm in Sri Lanka.
Cycle the Coast. Pick up a bike in Colombo and hit the road; try traversing the country's magnificent coastline.
Feel the Burn. Sri Lanka's cuisine is influenced by some of the fiery flavors of India; the dizzying array of spices will leave your mouth tingling.
Be One with Nature. Despite its diminutive size, 23 percent of flora and 16 percent of the fauna in Sri Lanka is native and unique.
Walk Back in Time. History is well preserved in Sri Lanka, from the 16th-century botanic gardens to Middle Ages ruins.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's