Sri Lanka Travel Guide
Plan Your Sri Lanka Vacation
Sri Lanka is the quintessential Southeast Asian holiday destination wherein everything falls perfectly into place. Monsoons aside, the sky is the deepest blue and the sun shines bright. The island nation is home to lush tropical forests and an enormous amount of biodiversity, including more than 140 species of frogs. Its history is rich, and strong physical evidence remains in the form of Buddhist temples, Dutch forts, and Colonial buildings. Cycle, swim, sail, and surf your way around the country; you'll need the exercise to take advantage of Sri Lanka's fiery cuisine, which is heavily influenced by neighboring India.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Sri Lanka restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Sri Lanka
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After much planning with you Fodorites and Tonkin Travel, Tom and I were ready for a romantic trip to Vietnam, with a quick side-trip to Cambodia. Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more