When to Go
When to Go
Peak Season: July to August
Expect monsoons, high-humidity, and throngs of tourists. It's also peak travel time for Koreans so even off the beaten path is crowded.
Off Season: January to April
Except for the Lunar New Year holiday (a week that falls somewhere between mid-January and early February), this is the best season for hotel discounts. Winter is cold but beautifully blanketed in snow. March and April are lush and green but frequent dust storms are the norm.
Shoulder Season: May to June; September to December
In addition to generally pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and some hotel bargains, spring and fall are the most pleasant times to travel around Korea.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe