Along with Seoul's extensive subway system, taxis are one of the best ways to get around the city. Within the main downtown it is very rare for a fare to go over W10,000 and is usually half that. Taxis are easy to flag down, except late at night in popular nightlife areas where drivers will often refuse fares that are too nearby. Nearly all taxis have a free telephone interpretation service the driver can call to help with translation issues. Note that the snazzier looking black taxis with yellow illuminated panels are considered "deluxe" and charge twice as much for essentially the same service.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe