While driving in Seoul is only recommended for the very experienced or very brave, tens of thousands of residents do it every day. However, keep in mind that traffic rules function more like suggestions and that traffic accidents are one of the leading causes of serious injury and death in Korea. Especially considering Seoul's extensive public transit system and cheap taxis, driving is not recommended.
Avis. 032/743-3300. www.avis.com.
Hertz. 032/743-8000. www.hertz.com.
Kumho. 032/743-8000. www.ktkumhorent.com/eng.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe