At a Glance
- elegant traditional experience
- beautiful surroundings
- located in Seoul's most historic district
- bedding is traditional Korean futons
Check Rates from our Partners
The finest of all of Seoul's traditional hanok lodgings, everything at Rakkojae—from the master bedroom's heated jade floors to the elegant Korean-course meals—is orchestrated to help guests better experience and understand Korean tradition. Built entirely with the same traditional techniques used in temples, and renovated in 2003 by a craftsman who is also a designated a national treasure, staying at Rakkojae gives the impression of visiting the home of a Joeson-era aristocrat. The quiet, traditional hanok residences of Bukchon add to the feeling of being transported back in time. Rakkojae also offers guests the opportunity to experience a tea ceremony, Korean earthen sauna, or (for an extra fee) a traditional Korean performance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight. ... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more