Balwoo Gongyang Review
The exquisite temple food at Balwoo Gonyang could convert the most diehard carnivore to vegetarianism—for the course of a meal at least. Cooking-monk Master Dae An's creative take on temple cuisine is as enlightening as it is creative. Each course introduces diners to different mountain herbs and Buddhist cooking techniques, reflecting Dae An's belief that food should be delicious, healthy, and fun. Some highlights of the ever-changing menu include ginseng with citron sauce, lotus-leaf rice, and a truffle-like mushroom soup. Not just for vegetarians, Balwoo Gongyang is for anyone wishing to expand their palate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight. ... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more