Dongdaemun Market Review
Seoul's largest market can be overwhelming for the first time visitor. Consisting of over 20 shopping malls and 30,000 shops, it is a sprawling indoor and outdoor area spread over multiple blocks. Different sections of Dongdaemun cater to different clienteles. Gwangjang Market offers an assortment of street food, while the north-south axis of the market, Hegunginmunno Street, houses clothing and accessory shops for Seoul's teens and 20-somethings. The new Dongdaemun Design Plaza at the west end of the market houses galleries and a small museum. While not as easy to navigate as the Namdemun Market, for those with more time in Seoul, Dongdaemun makes for a lively afternoon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight. ... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more