Cheonggyecheon Stream Review
Recently restored in 2005, Cheonggyecheon is a cool respite from Seoul's summer heat. Running east-west through the city, this is one of the best places to go for a spring or summer stroll. For people-watchers, the stream is filled with simple scenes of folks taking a break from Seoul's hectic pace. Couples walk hand in hand, students gather, and even businessmen some here to relax on their lunch break. A good place to start is Cheonggye Plaza at the west end of the stream with its Claes Oldberg pop-art sculpture Spring. On weekends from April to November, the Plaza hosts events for the Cheonggyecheon Cultural Festival.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight. ... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more