Bukhansan Mountain and National Park
Bukhansan Mountain and National Park Review
Seoul offers any number of mountains and trails for hiking, but Bukhansan is both the tallest and most beautiful. Bukhansan Mountain and the surrounding 30 square mile Bukhansan National Park is an ecological island in the city. In addition to fresh air, views of the city, and over 1,300 species of plants and animals, Bukhansan is home to numerous historical and cultural sites. Of note are the Bukhansanseong Fortress and over 100 temples scattered throughout the area. Hikers looking for solitude, however, are in for a disappointment. As Bukhansan is only a short subway ride from central Seoul, it is full of other hikers year-round and is listed in Guinness Book of World Records as the "Most Visited National Park per Unit Area."
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight.... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more