With the majority of memorable sites strewn across the island, often in hard-to-reach places, renting a car makes sense. Costs are reasonable with agencies offering discounts up to 60% except during the peak season from mid-July to mid-August. Book online if you can. To rent a car, foreigners must have an international driver's license and be at least 21. Traffic is usually light, maps and street signs are in English and easy to follow, and with the exception of a few rural areas, roads conditions are good.
Avis. 1544-1600. www.avis.co.kr.
Jeju Rent. 747-3301. www.jejurentcar.co.kr.
Kumho/Hertz. 751-8000. www.kumhorent.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's