Haeoreum Sikdang Review
The entrance of this friendly local BBQ joint is guarded by two hulking stone statues of heuk dwaeji (black pigs). Not surprisingly, black pig is also the star dish on the menu. Owner Park Sung Hun has been in business for 17 years and acquired quite a reputation for his impressive 6-foot-long skewers packed with locally sourced pork (from Park's sister's nearby farm), potatoes, peppers, squash, and onions. If you're not a big meat eater, don't fret—there are plenty of vegetarian side dishes, like broccoli topped with red chili peppers and sesame oil, to fill you up.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight.... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more