Sam Gwa Dul (Mountain and Fields)
Sam Gwa Dul (Mountain and Fields) Review
This favorite hole-in-the wall offers some of the freshest, cheapest bimbimbab on the island. Order it cold or sizzling hot and served in the traditional stone kettle bowl; it comes with a choice of meat, including Jeju's renowned black pork, and fresh vegetables, rice, and a fried egg. Don't worry that the owner doesn't speak English, the giant menu has pictures. The dining room is set up like many typical Korean restaurants lining the streets of Jeju: low tables, simple furnishings, and a TV playing soap operas in the corner. The meal comes with the usual banchan (side dishes) and ends with soo cheong ga, a refreshing, ice-cold ginger and cinnamon drink.
- Address: Nohyoung-dong 907-9, Jeju-si
- Phone: 064/744–4981
- Location: Jeju Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Over the last several years Seoul has seen some new dishes occupy the culinary spotlight. ... Read more
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom.... Read more