Busan Station, a stadium-like glass structure, is centrally located and easy to get to via the subway or by taxi. Regular KTX high speed trains operate between here and Seoul. The journey takes just over two and a half hours (W53,900 for adults and W26,900 for kids). Slower Saemaul trains complete the same route in just over five hours (W42,200 for adults and W21,000 for kids). KTX sometimes offers discounts for foreign tourists so be sure to ask at the tourist information desk inside the main station. KTX and slower speed trains also connect Busan with Dongdaegu and Daejeon to the north and Ulsan to the east.
If there's no hurry, consider the free tourist shuttle bus service that the tourism board operates daily between Busan (pick up at the Lotte Hotel) and Seoul. The shuttle is scheduled to run until the end of 2012 (english.busan.go.kr).
Busan Train Station. 051/1544-7788. info.korail.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe