When to Go
When to Go
Peak Season: July to August; October
July is when Korean beachgoers descend on Busan and prices soar. October brings a second rush with the Pusan International Film Festival.
Off Season: November-Mid-April
When temperatures plummet, so do prices. Busan is at its most beautiful around Christmas when streets are decked out with colorful light displays and a hot spring is never far away.
Shoulder Season: Last Week of April-June; September
Japanese tourists arrive around the end of April during their Golden Week vacation. Milder temperatures are ideal for hiking and exploring outdoor attractions.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan