The tourism board's site is updated daily, has local festival listings and recommended tours, and is a good place to start planning for your trip. The Changi Airport site has information about getting into the country and getting to your hotel. Singapore's popularity as an expat destination has spurred several useful Web sites. Asia Xpat has short-term accommodation information, travel advice, currency conversion tools, personals, service listings, and a useful "Ask the Expat" forum. Expat Singapore is geared for people who are interested in settling in Singapore, and includes some discusses food, etiquette, transportation, and culture shock. Singapore Expats has bar, restaurant, and shopping reviews. The Singaporean government has an extensive and helpful site. You can find just about any place in Singapore on the Street Directory. For local news read Asia One or Channel News Asia, a homegrown version of CNN.
Asia Xpat. www.asiaxpat.com.sg.
Asia One. www.asia1.com.sg.
Catcha Singapore. www.catcha.com.sg.
Changi Airport. web1.asia1.com.sg/airport/main.html.
Channel NewsAsia. www.channelnewsasia.com.
Contact Singapore. www.contactsingapore.org.sg.
Expatriate Singapore. www.expatsingapore.com.
Singapore Expats. www.singaporeexpats.com.
Singapore Government. www.gov.sg.
Singapore InfoMap. www.sg.
Singapore Street Directory. www.streetdirectory.com.sg.
Singapore Tourism Board. www.visitsingapore.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe