Singapore is in the same time zone as Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Perth, and Taipei. It's 2 hours behind Sydney, 8 hours ahead of London (GMT), 16 hours ahead of Los Angeles (U.S. Pacific Standard Time), 14 hours ahead of Chicago (Central Standard Time), and 13 hours ahead of New York (Eastern Standard Time). Singapore doesn't practice day-light savings, given its proximity to the equator.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Singapore From 757 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Asphodel Inn Singapore in May: $78 & Up Expedia
- Visit Singapore for Less: Hotels Fr $132+/Nt Travelocity
- 4.5-Star Singapore Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1885 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 15 Nt Cruise! Celebrity Cruises Fr $1,799 Expedia