Most train station employees are trained in first aid. Large department stores and hotel have doctors on call. The Singaporean police are well trained.
Doctors & Dentists
Alpha Dental Group. #01-13 Temasek Tower, 8 Shenton Way, CBD. 6224-8003.
Atria-City Dental Group for after-hours emergencies. #08-09 Ngee Ann City, Tower B, 391B Orchard Rd., Orchard. 6737-2777 or 6535-8833.
Raffles Medical Group. Level 1, 585 North Bridge Rd., Chinatown. 6311-2360.
Yip Dental Surgery. #04-01, 3 Mt. Elizabeth, Orchard, Singapore. 6535-8833.
Ambulance and fire. 995.
Gleneagles Hospital. 6A Napier Rd., Tanglin. 6473-7222.
Mt. Alvernia Hospital. 820 Thomson Rd., Thomson. 6347-6688.
Mt. Elizabeth Hospital. 3 Mt. Elizabeth, Orchard. 6737-2666.
Raffles Medical Group. Level 1, 585 North Bridge Rd., Kreta Ayer. 6311-1555 for 24-hour emergency center.
Singapore General Hospital. Outram Rd., Outram. 6321-4311.
Samaritans of Singapore. 1800/221-4444.
Unity Pharmacies. Tanglin Mall : #B-13, 163 Tanglin Rd., Orchard. 6732-1380. Raffles City: #03-21, 252 North Bridge Rd., Colonial Singapore. 6337-1358. Tanjong Pagar Plaza: #01-01 NTUC Supermarket, Tanjong Pagar Rd., Block 5, Chinatown. 6323-1281.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe