Banks & Offices
Businesses are generally open weekdays 9 or 9:30 to 5 or 5:30; a few are also open on Saturday morning. In general, banks open weekdays 9:30-3, Saturday 9:30-noon. Branches of the Post Office Savings Bank (POSB), however, in the Orchard area open Monday through Thursday 11-7; some branches of the Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) open until 3 on Saturday. The DBS bank at Changi Airport is open whenever there are flights. Post offices are usually open weekdays 8:30-5, Saturday 8:30-1. The Killiney Road branch, just off Orchard Road, facing the Orchard Point shopping center, is open Sunday and in the evenings.
Called petrol or service stations in Singapore, gas stations open daily 7 am–midnight.
Museums & Sights
Many museums close on Monday; otherwise, they're generally open from 9 to 4:30 or 5:30, and often until 9 pm on Wednesday.
Pharmacies throughout the country generally open daily 9–6, though some pharmacies in the major shopping centers open until 10 pm.
Shop hours vary in Singapore. Department stores and most shops in the big shopping centers, such as those on Orchard Road, generally open daily 10-9, sometimes later on weekends; smaller stores tend to close on Sunday.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe