People rarely refer to street numbers when citing an address. Almost all buildings (except houses) have names—use them to quickly find a location. A common address includes the name of the building followed by the floor and unit number. The floor and unit number is usually represented by a hex symbol followed by two digits that designate the floor, a dash and then two digits that refer to the unit number. So, "#02–01" means it's on the second floor and in office, store, or apartment number 1.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe