Samy's Curry Review
Among Singapore's best-kept secrets—there's no way to stumble on it by chance—is this south Indian restaurant in a private civil-service clubhouse. The airy colonial edifice has wooden-louver windows and overhead fans, but no air-conditioning. The simple banana-leaf eats, delivered by a parade of shuffling waiters, come with spoonfuls of zesty curries, fragrant rices, breads, and other assorted condiments. Dinner is Samy's strongest meal; arrive before 7 pm, when it starts getting crowded, for the best selection. You'll need to get a S$2 temporary membership to the Singapore Civil Service Club to eat here.
- Address: Singapore Civil Service Club House, Block 25, Dempsey Rd., Holland Village, Singapore, 249670 | Map It
- Phone: 6472–2080
- Website: www.samyscurry.com/
- Metro Orchard.
- Location: Holland Village
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Thurs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
In late May I found out I would be working in Thailand for 2 weeks and asked you kind folks here for suggestions for what to do for a short vacation after I finished work. Read more
Please give me some information for transportation from Airport to Gaylang, Lavender area.
I'll arrive Singapore at 23:25 TZ301 from Thailand.
I'm not sure train is still operate that late.
I have hea Read more
· News & Features
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist.... Read more