- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Istana Review
Built in 1869, this elegant neo-Palladian style building set in extensive tropical gardens once served as the British colonial governor's residence and is now the official residence of the president of Singapore. Istana means palace in Malay. The building and grounds are open to the public only on the holidays listed on its website. On the first Sunday of each month, a changing-of-the-guard ceremony at the main gates on Orchard Road is held at 5:45.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
My daughter's family may be moving to Singapore with two children (ages 6 and 4) with company. Read more
· News & Features
Steamy, bustling, and burgeoning, this Southeast Asian city-state has become a rathe ... Read more
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more