Da Dong Restaurant
Da Dong Restaurant Review
When its doors opened in 1928, Da Dong was one of Chinatown's first eateries, popular with visiting merchants and officials. Now its location makes it a pleasant place to take a break from the chaos of sightseeing and shopping. Request a table near this converted shophouse's upper-level windows for a lively view of Chinatown's intersections, markets, and pedestrian walkways. The wooden floors, floor-to-ceiling window shutters, and congenial service effectively accompany the flavorful Cantonese food. Try the pork ribs, Peking duck, or steamed fish head. Dim sum service begins at 7 am on weekends and holidays. Many older Chinatown locals still refer to this restaurant by its original name, Tai Tong.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
In late May I found out I would be working in Thailand for 2 weeks and asked you kind folks here for suggestions for what to do for a short vacation after I finished work. Read more
Please give me some information for transportation from Airport to Gaylang, Lavender area.
I'll arrive Singapore at 23:25 TZ301 from Thailand.
I'm not sure train is still operate that late.
I have hea Read more
· News & Features
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a ... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist.... Read more