- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Berjaya Singapore Hotel
At a Glance
- duplex suites
- great location
- old-school style
- the standard rooms are small
- slightly dated furnishings
Check Rates from our Partners
Berjaya Singapore Hotel Review
The nation's first boutique hotel offers an intimate reminder of Singapore's character before it became filled with steel girders and glass. Rooms are in eight converted shophouses in Chinatown's Tanjong Pagar district. The standard rooms, at the back of the building, are small, with colonial reproduction furniture; the duplex suites are a better option. A Japanese chef prepares modern European cuisine at 81 Duxton. The hotel's surrounded by some of the city's newest trendy restaurants and bars.
- Address: 83 Duxton Rd., Chinatown, Singapore, 089540 | Map It
- Phone: 6227–7678; 800/272–8188 for reservations in the U.S.
- Website: www.berjayahotel.com
- Metro Tanjong Pagar.
- Location: Chinatown and Tiong Bahru
- 38 rooms, 11 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Greetings Fodorites, here is my attempt at a report of my travels across Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand, a trip that took exactly one month to complete.
Before I begin, I want to say Read more
My daughter's family may be moving to Singapore with two children (ages 6 and 4) with company. Read more
· News & Features
Steamy, bustling, and burgeoning, this Southeast Asian city-state has become a rathe ... Read more
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more