Chinese Theatre Circle
Chinese Theatre Circle Review
You'll need to buy tickets to shows by the leading groups, such as the 30-strong Chinese Theatre Circle, though they sometimes give free demonstrations at places like Clarke Quay. Many of the bigger groups work hard to make their performances easily accessible to non-Chinese, offering English subtitles. The Circle also does an excellent introduction workshop on Chinese opera every Friday and Saturday for English-speaking novices.
- Address: 5 Smith St., Chinatown, Singapore, 058919 | Map It
- Phone: 6323–4862; 9630–2886
- Cost: S$35 including set Chinese dinner, tea, and dessert; or S$20 for admission and tea with snacks
- Hours: 7 pm–9 pm with dinner, or 8 pm–9 pm for show only
- Website: www.ctcopera.com.sg/
- Location: Chinatown
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
In late May I found out I would be working in Thailand for 2 weeks and asked you kind folks here for suggestions for what to do for a short vacation after I finished work. Read more
Please give me some information for transportation from Airport to Gaylang, Lavender area.
I'll arrive Singapore at 23:25 TZ301 from Thailand.
I'm not sure train is still operate that late.
I have hea Read more
· News & Features
If you haven't been to Singapore in the past three years, it's almost as if you haven't been there a... Read more
Native Hawaiian David Lee has been residing in Singapore for over a year now, and gives our intrepid reporte... Read more
It's time you put Singapore at the top of your travel wishlist.... Read more