When to Go
When to Go
Peak Season: Late December; January to May
Hotels rapidly book up at Christmas and New Year's draws all the party boys and girls to Boracay, where you'll need to book early to find budget accommodation. The period around Easter is also particularly packed; prices have been known to triple and hotels book up months in advance.
Off Season: June to September
This is rainy season and tropical storms can terrorize the east coast. That said, many parts of the country remain dry. During this period, you'll be rewarded with far fewer foreigner and domestic tourists and more wallet-friendly prices.
Shoulder Season: October to Late December
Rainy season winds down in October and you still have more than 10 blissful weeks until the Christmas rush.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's