When to Go
When to Go
Peak Season: Late December; January to May
Hotels rapidly book up at Christmas and New Year's draws all the party boys and girls to Boracay, where you'll need to book early to find budget accommodation. The period around Easter is also particularly packed; prices have been known to triple and hotels book up months in advance.
Off Season: June to September
This is rainy season and tropical storms can terrorize the east coast. That said, many parts of the country remain dry. During this period, you'll be rewarded with far fewer foreigner and domestic tourists and more wallet-friendly prices.
Shoulder Season: October to Late December
Rainy season winds down in October and you still have more than 10 blissful weeks until the Christmas rush.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan