Island Hopping Review
In Boracay terminology, "island hopping" means not so much traveling from island to island, but rather more circumnavigating Boracay aboard a local "banka" motorized outrigger, making various stops for sightseeing and activities along the way. Half-day excursions usually head first for Crocodile Island, where you can snorkel in the crystal clear water and admire the marine life (don't worry, crocodiles are not included). Also normally visited is Crystal Cove—an island with two sea caves—and a secluded Boracay cove known as Puka Shell Beach. Island hopping trips can be arranged through most hotels and guesthouses, or through one of the travel agencies in the area around D-Mall (near White Beach Station 2). Prices start from around 1,500 PHP per person, depending on how many people join you.
- Address: Boracay
- Location: Boracay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Some of my favorite shots I have collected over the years.
I hope you enjoy.
Mabuhay! Read more
Hi All! Read more
Will be spending 2 weeks in Philippines with my husband and 2 teenage daughters. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more