Ariel's Point Review
One of the most popular day trips from Boracay is an outing to Ariel's Point, a spectacular outcrop of rock around 3 miles away, or 30 minutes by outrigger, on the neighboring island of Panay. Excursions here include canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, and simply enjoying the views. The more adventurous can also try their hand at cliff diving from one of five platforms, which range from 10 to around 45 feet above the turquoise sea. Packages include a barbecue lunch buffet, afternoon snacks, and unlimited drinks. Boats depart daily from Ariel's House, near Station 1 on White Beach, at 11:30 am, returning shortly before sunset. Buy tickets in advance from the Boracay Beach Club Hotel, located just behind Ariel's House.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air — $1,499 go-today
- Ageless China — $3,525 IExplore
To travel to El Nido, one has to fly to the capital of Palawan, Puerto Princesa. Read more
Just to share my pseudo-trip report on a short trip to Boracay Island, Philippines, which was named #1 Best Overall in Asia in Travel+ Leaisure’s World’s Best Awards 2012.
I say pseudo Read more
I'm arriving in Manila for a short stay and I've been hearing many horror stories about how taxi guys rip you off or take you off the beaten path and then rob you...how likely is that if I take the taxi Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more