Tap water is usually safe to drink in Manila, but ask if unsure. Take care with seafood as some may not be as fresh as it looks. Typhoid vaccinations are recommended if staying longer than a week and venturing outside of the city. Malaria is not a problem in Manila but is on remoter Philippines islands such as Palawan.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's