Top Reasons to Go
Get Cheerful with the Locals: Despite the country's setbacks, Filipinos are relentlessly cheerful, and it's contagious.
Enjoy the Physicality: Go mountain trekking, kite surfing, volcano hiking, spelunking, surfing, and more; dream it and it can be done.
Find Yourself.: There's plenty of camaraderie in the Philippines—if you want it. Otherwise, the deserted beaches of Visayas are yours for the taking.
Participate in a Fiesta.: Celebrations are a colorful and chaotic affair, with dazzling floats and outrageous costumes.
Belly up to the Table.: Philippine cuisine tantalizes with bold combinations of sweet, salty, and sour. Pull up a chair and enjoy the feast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's