Top Reasons to Go
Get Cheerful with the Locals. Despite the country's setbacks, Filipinos are relentlessly cheerful, and it's contagious.
Enjoy the Physicality. Go mountain trekking, kite surfing, volcano hiking, spelunking, surfing, and more; dream it and it can be done.
Find Yourself. There's plenty of camaraderie in the Philippines—if you want it. Otherwise, the deserted beaches of Visayas are yours for the taking.
Participate in a Fiesta. Celebrations are a colorful and chaotic affair, with dazzling floats and outrageous costumes.
Belly up to the Table. Philippine cuisine tantalizes with bold combinations of sweet, salty, and sour. Pull up a chair and enjoy the feast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe