Boracay is far more laid-back than Manila, and the biggest safety concerns here are likely to arise from inebriated holidaymakers. Most visitors encounter no problems, but stealth crime does occasionally occur, and you should take basic precautions. Never wear valuable jewelry or anything else to broadcast your wealth, and don't leave belongings unattended in public areas, such as on the beach. Be wary of pickpockets in crowded areas.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe