Tap water is usually safe to drink on Boracay. Order seafood only at reputable establishments, as it's not always as fresh as it looks. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends vaccinations for travelers against diphtheria and tetanus, hepatitis A, and typhoid. Malaria is not a problem on Boracay, but is on some surrounding islands, such as Palawan. Boracay is in the tropics and the sun can be very strong. Apply sunscreen liberally.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's