Tap water is usually safe to drink on Boracay. Order seafood only at reputable establishments, as it's not always as fresh as it looks. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends vaccinations for travelers against diphtheria and tetanus, hepatitis A, and typhoid. Malaria is not a problem on Boracay, but is on some surrounding islands, such as Palawan. Boracay is in the tropics and the sun can be very strong. Apply sunscreen liberally.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe