Philippines Travel Guide
Plan Your Philippines Vacation
The budget-friendly Philippines attract visitors from throughout Asia and across the globe with its beautiful beaches and friendly, laid-back culture. Though some beaches, such as Boracay, have become veritable frat parties, the country is made up of 7,000 islands, so finding your own slice of paradise isn't difficult. The Philippines was ruled by the Spanish for 35 decades and is staunchly Catholic, which sets it apart from the rest of Southeast Asia, where Buddhism reigns supreme. Shiny malls and fast food chains are plentiful in the mega-cities, as are enormous colorful fiestas and colonial architecture.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Philippines restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Philippines
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Some of my favorite shots I have collected over the years.
I hope you enjoy.
Mabuhay! Read more
Hi All! Read more
Will be spending 2 weeks in Philippines with my husband and 2 teenage daughters. Read more