- Get Cheerful with the Locals Despite the country's setbacks, Filipinos are relentlessly cheerful, and it's contagious.
- Enjoy the Physicality Go mountain trekking, kite surfing, volcano hiking, spelunking, surfing, and more; dream it and it can be done.
- Find Yourself. There's plenty of camaraderie in the Philippines—if you want it. Otherwise, the deserted beaches of Visayas are yours for the taking.
- Participate in a Fiesta. Celebrations are a colorful and chaotic affair, with dazzling floats and outrageous costumes.
- Belly up to the Table. Philippine cuisine tantalizes with bold combinations of sweet, salty, and sour. Pull up a chair and enjoy the feast.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More