Philippines Travel Guide
Fodor's Essential India
The budget-friendly Philippines attract visitors from throughout Asia and across the globe with its beautiful beaches and friendly, laid-back culture. Though some beaches, such as Boracay, have become veritable frat parties, the country is made up of 7,000 islands, so finding your own slice of paradise isn't difficult. The Philippines was ruled by the Spanish for 35 decades and is staunchly Catholic, which sets it apart from the rest of Southeast Asia, where Buddhism reigns supreme. Shiny malls and fast food chains are plentiful in the mega-cities, as are enormous colorful fiestas and colonial architecture.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Philippines restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Philippines
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Classical India IExplore
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan
Get Cheerful with the Locals. Despite the country's setbacks, Filipinos are relentlessly cheerful, and it's contagious.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi All! Read more
To travel to El Nido, one has to fly to the capital of Palawan, Puerto Princesa. Read more