Yangling Tibetan Restaurant
Yangling Tibetan Restaurant Review
The influx of refugees who flooded into Nepal following the Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1959 means that Tibetan cuisine is almost as common as Nepalese in some parts of Kathmandu. And you really should not leave the city without trying momos: Tibetan dumplings, served steamed or fried with a variety of fillings. Locals and foreign visitors alike swear by this small family-run place in the heart of Thamel, saying it serves the best momos in town. It is popular enough you will need to arrive early to ensire a table (reservations are not possible). The fried chili momos are much-praised here, along with the chicken version. For much of the evening the kitchen is a continuous momo production line—and it needs to be to cope with demand. Some Western dishes are also offered, but they pale in comparison to the main attraction.
- Address: Thamel, Kathmandu,
- Phone: 01/470-1225
- Location: Kathmandu
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Nepal Active IExplore
- Transcendental Nepal and Hidden Bhutan IExplore
- Nepal Active - Everest Base Camp — $2,799 IExplore
- Transcendental Nepal and Hidden Bhutan — $5,305 IExplore
I've had so many great tips & entertaining hours reading these Forums, I thought it was about time I did my bit. Read more
I'm hoping my blog may be useful for anyone planning the Annapurna Circuit. Read more
This is my first time posting in Fodor's forums, so please bear with me! I'm a somewhat-to-fairly experienced traveler looking to visit SE Asia for the first time. The places highest on my lis Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more