Yangling Tibetan Restaurant
Yangling Tibetan Restaurant Review
The influx of refugees who flooded into Nepal following the Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1959 means that Tibetan cuisine is almost as common as Nepalese in some parts of Kathmandu. And you really should not leave the city without trying momos: Tibetan dumplings, served steamed or fried with a variety of fillings. Locals and foreign visitors alike swear by this small family-run place in the heart of Thamel, saying it serves the best momos in town. It is popular enough you will need to arrive early to ensire a table (reservations are not possible). The fried chili momos are much-praised here, along with the chicken version. For much of the evening the kitchen is a continuous momo production line—and it needs to be to cope with demand. Some Western dishes are also offered, but they pale in comparison to the main attraction.
- Address: Thamel, Kathmandu
- Phone: 01/470–1225
- Location: Kathmandu
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp
It was in October of 2013 and we were planning for a holiday. Read more
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
Travel to Nepal/Tibet & to Everest base camp has been #1 on my bucket list since I was a child. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more