Nepal Travel Guide
Nepal has a little bit of everything—snow-capped Himalayan mountains, tropical rainforests, vast stretches of grasslands and meadows—and it's position between China and India makes it just as rich in culture as it is in geography. The combination of stunning landscapes, architectural marvels, and colorful cities makes this exotic locale a great destination for independent travelers and group trekkers alike. The country as a whole is still in transition; tourism is still relatively new and much of the area feels like you've taken a step back in time. Still, there are plenty of worthwhile discoveries to be made in Nepal, and those with a sense of adventure will find themselves scrambling to fit everything in during their trip.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Nepal restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Nepal
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels... Read more
A new small ship company, Pearl Seas Cruises, has announced its 2015 Caribbean season, with itineraries... Read more
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity.... Read more
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
First of all, I want to thank all posters from whom I gleaned information for my India trip. Read more
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more