Nepal Travel Guide
Plan Your Nepal Vacation
Nepal has a little bit of everything—snow-capped Himalayan mountains, tropical rainforests, vast stretches of grasslands and meadows—and it's position between China and India makes it just as rich in culture as it is in geography. The combination of stunning landscapes, architectural marvels, and colorful cities makes this exotic locale a great destination for independent travelers and group trekkers alike. The country as a whole is still in transition; tourism is still relatively new and much of the area feels like you've taken a step back in time. Still, there are plenty of worthwhile discoveries to be made in Nepal, and those with a sense of adventure will find themselves scrambling to fit everything in during their trip.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Nepal restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It’s time for this lurker to say thanks for all your help in planning for our recent visit to India and Nepal. Read more
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp
It was in October of 2013 and we were planning for a holiday. Read more