- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Foreigners can cross into Myanmar from Thailand but are only permitted to travel within the specific border region. As of this writing, the following border points are open with Thailand (Thai border towns in parenthesis). Myawaddy (Mae Sot): Foreigners can only access this crossing on foot and from the Thai side and cannot stay in Myanmar beyond 6 pm. No visa is required but an entry fee of either $10 or 500 baht must be paid. Tachileik (Mae Sai): Foreigners can cross this border from either side, but those entering into Myanmar will not be able to go beyond Kengtung. If you plan to cross here from Myanmar into Thailand, you will need to arrange for a permit at the state-owned Myanmar Travels and Tours office in Yangon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's