- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dallah and Twante
Dallah and Twante Review
Just across the river from Yangon is the small village of Dallah, reached by ferry from the city's jetty. It's a 10-minute ride where you'll stand among vendors selling fruit, fried snacks, knickknacks, and fresh-rolled cheroots and cigarettes. Make a quick stop at the pagoda in Dallah before moving on to Twante (40-minute drive, go via cab, moto, or pick-up truck). Once there, hop a trishaw or a horse and buggy for a visit to the Shwesandaw Pagoda, a miniaturized version of the Shwedagon, and to the local pottery sheds. From Yangon, you can also go to Twante directly on the two-hour ferry. Tickets for both ferries are $1 each and can be purchased at Pandosan St. Jetty, from which the boat leaves (across from Strand Hotel).
- Address: Yangon (Rangoon)
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more