- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Carlo Italian and Chinese Restaurant
San Carlo Italian and Chinese Restaurant Review
Like a mirage, this enormously charming little space just pops up off the side of the unlit dirt road. Around the corner from a few budget guesthouses, including Kaday Aung Hotel, San Carlo is a most welcome reprieve. There are a scattering of tables outdoors and in, some shaded. The Chinese food is tasty but average, and you're coming here for the Western dishes, anyway. A mozzarella and tomato salad is filling enough for a meal; the smokey eggplant meaty. For dessert, the Dutch-style pancakes—thinner than their American cousin but thicker than crepes—are a happy ending to a lovely, unexpected meal.
- Address: D-14, Hnin Se St., near Kaday Aung Hotel New Bagan, Bagan
- Phone: 61/65253
- Location: Bagan
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm interested in trekking. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more