- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Carlo Italian and Chinese Restaurant
San Carlo Italian and Chinese Restaurant Review
Like a mirage, this enormously charming little space just pops up off the side of the unlit dirt road. Around the corner from a few budget guesthouses, including Kaday Aung Hotel, San Carlo is a most welcome reprieve. There are a scattering of tables outdoors and in, some shaded. The Chinese food is tasty but average, and you're coming here for the Western dishes, anyway. A mozzarella and tomato salad is filling enough for a meal; the smokey eggplant meaty. For dessert, the Dutch-style pancakes—thinner than their American cousin but thicker than crepes—are a happy ending to a lovely, unexpected meal.
- Address: D-14, Hnin Se St., near Kaday Aung Hotel New Bagan, Bagan
- Phone: 61/65253
- Location: Bagan
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more