- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
50th Street Review
That steak and Guinness pie at the next table over is not an apparition. 50th Street is a proper pub, one that's been honing its craft since it opened in 1997, a lone island of burgers adrift in a sea of noodles. Today, the bi-level bar remains enormously popular with expats, foreign tourists, and a few wealthy Burmese. In addition to colonial favorites, the extensive menu includes a selection of pizzas. Portions are hearty, the better to be washed down with smoothies, cocktails, and draft beer. Beyond the food, 50th Street is somewhat of a clubhouse for the cities expats, so you'll find them here nightly, vying for pub quiz prizes or playing billiards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more