- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Strand Bar Review
When the Strand Hotel opened in 1901, its swanky bar was the place to see and be seen. Today, Rangoon is a very different place and the bar is still pretty, if pretty staid, except on Friday nights, when it comes alive with expats who giddily pack in for two-for-one happy hour, which runs 5 to 11pm. Waiters glide around with trays of snacks like pizza and kebabs, which are raveously gobbled up by NGO workers.
- Address: Strand Hotel, 92 Strand Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Phone: 095/124–3377
- Website: www.lhw.com/hotel/The-Strand-Yangon-Yangon-Myanmar
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After much planning with you Fodorites and Tonkin Travel, Tom and I were ready for a romantic trip to Vietnam, with a quick side-trip to Cambodia. Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
Off to Nepal next Tuesday, for our first visit to the country.
We're in the country for 5 weeks, non-trekking, and just intend to pace ourselves and enjoy whatever we encounter.
We're flying Etihad from Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more