- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nylon Ice Cream Bar
Nylon Ice Cream Bar Review
The ice cream here is not the best you'll ever have, but you won't be able to find cold scoops anywhere else in Mandalay. The atmosphere is really the big draw, with locals and foreigners coming by all day to hang out at the sidewalk tables and people watch while sipping beer and shakes. The short flavor list includes chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and durian, of which the durian is the best. Eco-warriors, beware: unless you specifically ask for a bowl or glass, scoops come served in little styrofoam containers.
- Address: 83rd St. between 25th and 26th Sts., Mandalay
- Location: Mandalay
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more