- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Red Mountain Estate Vineyards
Red Mountain Estate Vineyards Review
There are nine varieties here, and the winemaking process is overseen by a Frenchman who joined the winery in 2002. Tours are basic but give a good overview of Red Mountain's production process. Both wine and food are quite average, but the 2,000 kyat tasting menu paired with lovely views of the fields and cool breezes makes for a very pleasant afternoon. Note that service is molasses slow, so budget at least an hour. The vineyard can be reached by bike in about 20 minutes, and it's an easy ride save for the very last uphill stretch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more