- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Popa Mountain Park
Popa Mountain Park Review
If you're tiring of temple-hopping and fancy sticking around Mt. Popa for the afternoon, bring your hiking shoes in the car and take to the trails. There are a handful, some leading to the rim of the volcano crater and others to waterfalls. The word popa comes from the Sanskrit word for flower, and as you're hiking up, you'll see how lush it is, and how the vegetarian changes with the altitude. This is a good hike on which to follow a guide; your driver should be able to find you one or you can ask at Popa Mountain Resort. From there to the crater can take up to five hours.
- Address: Off Byat Ta Pan Sat Rd., Kyauk Paduang Township, Bagan
- Location: Bagan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Gottravel and I spent 18 days of our 6 week SEASia trip in Myanmar. Read more
Just finished my travelogue on my December trip to Myanmar. Read more
Hi, I'm totally new to Fodor, so please be kind!
I've just booked flights to Japan and am trying to get my head round coming up with an itinery, which is proving harder than with any other trips I've done Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more