- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zawgyi House Review
After a sweaty whirl through Bogyoke Market, take a load off at this neighboring restaurant. Zawgyi's back garden looks out onto the redbrick former railway headquarters, now abandoned; its front patio faces busy Bogyoke Aung San Road and is ideal for people watching. Is it cheating to plump for western food? We won't tell. The fare at Zawgyi is decent—sandwiches, crepes (sweet and savory), a few salads—but it's best for kicking back with a cold drink. The durian shake is smooth and creamy; the chocolate is closer to chocolate milk, but still refreshing.
- Address: 372 Bogyoke Aung San Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Phone: 951/256355
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
We are applying for Indian visas and our tour company recommended a firm charging $183 per person.
The Embassy of India has outsourced visa applications to BLS International and they charge $68 per person. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more