After a sweaty whirl through Bogyoke Market, take a load off at this neighboring restaurant. Zawgyi's back garden looks out onto the redbrick former railway headquarters, now abandoned; its front patio faces busy Bogyoke Aung San Road and is ideal for people watching. One side of the restaurant has lacquerware for sale, so you can continue supporting the local economy. Is it cheating to plump for Western food? We won't tell. The fare at Zawgyi is decent—sandwiches, crepes (sweet and savory), a few salads—but what's especially lovely on a sweltering day is a milkshake. The durian shake is ice cold, smooth, and creamy; the chocolate is closer to chocolate milk, but still refreshing.
- Address: 372 Bogyoke Aung San Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Phone: 951/256-355
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $235 & up -- Japan: Luxury Hotels, Save 50% Featured Destination: Japan
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $36 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- Undiscovered South Korea Independent Journey IExplore
- $1599 & up -- Japan Vacations incl. Air, Save up to $550 — $1,599 Featured Destination: Japan
Trip Report Kyushu May 2013
I will try to trace our Kyushu trip for forum members and those interested in this part of Japan.
Here is basic itinerary
0-- Depart Hawaii, Hawaiian Air - Honolulu -Fukuoka Read more
Hi All! Read more
Just wondering about the best way to get from the Airport to Sofitel Legend Hotel. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more