- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zawgyi House Review
After a sweaty whirl through Bogyoke Market, take a load off at this neighboring restaurant. Zawgyi's back garden looks out onto the redbrick former railway headquarters, now abandoned; its front patio faces busy Bogyoke Aung San Road and is ideal for people watching. Is it cheating to plump for western food? We won't tell. The fare at Zawgyi is decent—sandwiches, crepes (sweet and savory), a few salads—but it's best for kicking back with a cold drink. The durian shake is smooth and creamy; the chocolate is closer to chocolate milk, but still refreshing.
- Address: 372 Bogyoke Aung San Rd., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Phone: 951/256355
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more