- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Myanmar Restaurant Reviews
While Burmese homestyle cooking, drawing influence from its neighbors Thailand and India, is the most prevalent cuisine, Myanmar has quite a good variety, especially given that it was cut off from the west for so long. In Yangon, you'll find everything from sushi to slushies. The one-time capital has most of the country's upscale restaurants—we're talking just a handful—but it's the family-run establishments that are really worth a visit. When you inevitably tire of rice and curry, Bagan and Inle Lake's laid-back, open-air restaurants will lure you in with Dutch-style pancakes, shakes, and the holy grail for many western travelers: guacamole.
Browse Myanmar Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's