- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Irrawaddy River Cruises
Not to be confused with the Irrawaddy River ferries, these cruises range in length from two-day/one-night to more than three weeks. The cruises can be classed as either upmarket or very upmarket; a less expensive alternative is the aforementioned ferries. There's no single departure point for Irrawaddy River cruises; most leave from Mandalay or Yangon, but others start in Bagan and even Bangkok (on land). All cruises include stops in Bagan and Mandalay (the shorter cruises run back and forth between the two). Beyond visiting land sights, the cruises themselves provide for an up-close look at the riverside villages that depend on the water for their livelihood.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's