- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Myanmar Hotel Reviews
Because demand far outweighs supply, hotels in Myanmar are significantly more expensive than in neighboring Thailand. Yangon has the biggest concentration of upscale accommodations—some tip the scale at $500 a night—including two classic colonial luxury hotels and a handful of international business hotels. Places in Yangon catering to foreigners almost always have 24-hour electricity and most have some degree of Wi-Fi. Mandalay has a few luxury big-box hotels, including one western chain, and several options considered midrange by Myanmar standards. Brownouts and brief blackouts are common but the more upscale hotels have generators. All of the hotels at Inle Lake and in Bagan are locally owned and, though power outages can be frequent albeit brief, there's no problem getting hot water.
Browse Myanmar Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's