- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Myanmar
Explore pagodas: Slip off your shoes and stare slack-jawed at Bagan's staggering spread of 2,000-plus 11th- and 12th-century pagodas.
Sweat it out: Spicy curries, giant chili-soaked prawns, and piquant salads help you beat the heat.
Travel back in time: The turn-of-the-century colonial buildings that line Yangon's Strand Road stand just as they did during British rule.
Get in early: China opened up rapidly and became Disneyfied, and many fear the same will happen in Myanmar.
Know kindness: Burmese locals will welcome you warmly; some might even invite you into their homes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe